This portfolio is compiled from artwork of candidates who have been accepted into the program in the past. It is not designed to show the best work possible or a certain style, but rather to illustrate key points that are important to consider when submitting a portfolio for review by the department. Commentaries explain some of the key features being reviewed in each of the categories. This portfolio is divided into the following categories: General Drawing, Figure Drawing, Color Media, Graphic Design, and Digital Media.
Portfolio minimum – 5 figures
Portfolio minimum – 2 graphic design pieces
Portfolio minimum – 2 digital media pieces
Portfolio max – 2 examples outside portfolio categories
Admissions Portfolio Requirements
Admissions Portfolios should include:
- 20 samples of artwork
- Examples from all 5 Portfolio Categories
- Minimum of 5 figure studies-
- Minimum of 2 digital media pieces
- Minimum of 2 graphic design pieces
- Max of 2 examples outside the Portfolio Categories (e.g. sculpture, photography, multimedia presentation, fine art print)
- Medical or anatomical subject matter should be excluded (See FAQs).
For more information on the science prerequisites and the full Admissions process, go to our Admissions page.