Offered: 3rd and 4th Quarters, 2nd Year
Instructors: Corinne Sandone, Associate Professor, Lead Instructor
Sarah Poynton, Associate Professor, and guest lecturers
Credits: 3 Credits
Professional portfolio and exhibition preparation and presentation; includes effective self-promotion and negotiation in a professional environment.
- Prepare art for presentation in an exhibition.
- Prepare art for self-promotional material: Pdf, web.
- Prepare art for use at a personal job interview.
- Practice the principles of positive interviewing techniques.
- Develop effective negotiation skills in a professional setting.
- Utilize strong marketing skills.
At completion students will:
- Have an updated resume
- Digital portfolio
- Print portfolio for interview
- Understanding of employment marketplace for medical illustrators
- Be able to negotiate fair price and usage for art, animation and web development
- Department library
- Course handouts including contract templates, salary surveys, negotiation strategies
- School of Medicine exhibition space
- School of Medicine Professional Development Office
- Department alumni and professional contacts
- Guest lecturers
Please see syllabus
- 1:1 faculty – student interface
- Critical review
- Oral presentation
- Course participation
- Final grade
Check Departmental Calendar for 2nd year students.
All students with disabilities who require accommodations for this course should contact Catherine L. Will, Disability Services Coordinator for Graduate Biomedical Education (email@example.com or 410-614-3781) at their earliest convenience to discuss their specific needs. Please note that accommodations are not retroactive.