Edwin is from Seattle, Washington. He received a B.S. in biology and a B.A. in fine arts from University of Washington. After studying at the Gage Academy of Art, he also took a backpacking gap year before coming to Art as Applied to Medicine. When he is not working in the studio he is either playing piano, practicing go, or exploring the east coast.
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine,
Department of Art as Applied to Medicine, Baltimore, MD
Master of Arts in Medical and Biological Illustration, May 2015.
Gage Academy of Art, Seattle, WA
Traditional Atelier Fine Art, 2012.
University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Bachelor of Science in Biology, Bachelor of Arts in Painting & Drawing, 2011.
Experience & Activities
National Aquarium in Baltimore
Baltimore, MD, 2013.
Assistant Art Instructor
Bellevue, WA, 2011 – 2012.
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2011.
Van Volkenburgh Laboratory
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2009 – 2010.
- Association of Medical Illustrators (AMI), Student Member, 2013 – present.
- Toastmasters International, Club Member, 2013 – present.
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
2014 Gloege Scholarship
2013 William P. Didusch Scholarship
- Association of Medical Illustrators, Annual Salon Exhibition, Rochester, MN, 2014.
- Gage Academy of Art, Capture: Kang-O’Higgens Atelier Exhibition, Seattle, WA, 2012
- Gage Academy of Art, Spitting Image Portrait Exhibition, Seattle WA, 2012